Happy Oscar weekend! This Sunday most of us will be tuned into the 84th Academy Awards - time to get excited about the fashion, glamour, and the wonderful artists that will be honored. As a tribute to this year's Oscars, I whipped up some inspiration to host your own Fashion's Night In. I designed a fun and stylish soiree that will make your guests feel like they're all part of the show. Think movie night gone glam - featuring a chic concession stand, glittered popcorn, Oscar ballots, and a Style Swap!
For the Awards Show Screening You'll Need:
1. Show Stopping Invites - I created these black and white invites and adorned them with glittered chevron tape.
2. Glam Concession Stand - Round up your favorite sweets and treats and display them in gold platters. We picked up all the goodies at Dollar Tree for less than $12.
3. Pretty Petals - Gather up some white blooms and set them in gold vases. I picked up a $5.99 can of spray paint and gave some old vases a new look.
4. Glittered popcorn - I scored these black paper bags at Michaels and filled them with fresh homemade popcorn. Top them off with some edible star glitters for that extra sparkle!
5. Official Oscar's ballots - Have your guests cast their votes! Download the file here.
Red Carpet Style Swap
Have your guests bring clothes and accessories they'd like to trade. While the stars make their entrance on the red carpet , you can critique their attire, start a poll on who will win best dressed, and swap your goods. To decorate the swap area, I simply displayed some baubles and pinned up some magazine tear sheets (March Issue of InStyle magazine) on some upholstered tack boards I created for my home office.
I hope this leaves you inspired to have a fun and fashionable night in with some friends! Tune in on February 26 (Sunday) at 4pm (Pacific) on abc. For more Oscar info, visit the official Oscar site.
Design, Styling, Flowers, Photography by Therese Jacinto