Our second floor is currently undergoing some work (replacing carpets with hardwood, closet reconfigurations, painting, etc). All minor home improvements, but a huge and much needed change around here. I've been working on pulling our bedroom's look together and thought I'd share what I have so far. Of course, this is going to be a neutral retreat and we want to keep things as clean and simple as possible. I want to create something both my husband and I are comfortable in, so we're mixing in some strong masculine pieces with soft and chic touches to balance it all off.
So far what we've got are the bed and bedding, chest of drawers (a vintage mid century piece scored at a consignment store a few years ago), and rug. I'm having a tough time rounding up nightstands because they have to be the perfect height and width. Considering doing an entire post on just bedside tables. For now, these nesting tables are the top choice.
Since I work for Williams-Sonoma Inc. as a stylist, I like to shop within the family. West Elm and Pottery Barn are always my first stops for great quality, well designed and reasonably priced products. Over the next couple of months I will surely be adding a handful of thrifted, vintage and bargain finds into this mix. I think that layering the new, the found, and the handcrafted creates a level of sophistication and gives a space some soul.
I'm so excited to pull everything together! Going to try to squeeze in some blogging time to post updates on our bedroom progress. Thank you so much for dropping by!
1. Wingback bed. We're finally upgrading to a king! I searched high and low for my dream bed. This is timeless, sleek, cozy, and chic.
2. Marble pillar table lamp.
3. Burke nesting tables. Clean simple lines.
4. Oswald tufted chair. Loving the industrial, vintage modern look and how light it looks on its feet. On sale for a limited time!
5. Linen Cotton bedding. Classic and luxe with a relaxed feel. The linen also gets softer and more beautiful over time.
6. Kisanii pillow.
7. Cotton wool rug.