We packed extremely light for this trip. Here are a few essentials I took along:
Beauty: I kept things simple and hit the beach sans makeup.
The only must in my purse was this all-in-one bug guard and sunscreen lotion, which worked wonders for all of us, and I would follow up with this spray version when we were out and about. Stay protected from insects and the damaging rays of the sun, without any nasty scents. Sensitive-skin friendly!
My favorite lip balm with SPF was perfect for a touch of color.
For added sun protection, this is my favorite sunscreen. And this one is perfect for my little one's extra sensitive skin.
Wear: Simple, lightweight and multi-functional pieces.
- An off-the-shoulder ruffle top in breathable cotton was my hero piece this trip. It effortlessly layers well over swimsuits and can be paired with shorts, wide leg pants, culottes — the sky's the limit. Similar option here and here .
- Shirt dresses worked great as a cover up. I styled it with the front tied up in a knot and paired with shorts. This one is under $50!
- This breezy jumpsuit was perfect for dinner by the beach and as a cover up. Looking forward to pairing this with tees and sweaters in the fall.
- A classic woven hat.
- The perfect beach tote.
- Simple swimwear. View this previous post for a few of my favorites. I always prefer dark colors since white or light tones turn yellow ( I'm guessing it's due to chlorine and salt water!).
Essentials: A few items that came in handy!
- Turkish fouta towels. Extra light, quick-drying and packable.
- Travel phone charger. We take a lot of photos and videos!
- Waterproof phone case. So affordable and useful! Take some underwater shots and keep phones protected from the elements!
I've got a couple of outfit posts and more of our Mexican getaway lined up for this coming week! Thanks for dropping by!